Saturday, March 14, 2009
unexpected interview
At my internship yesterday, I had to help my supervisor sort through boxes he had in his office that has been there since he started at children's home and aid. We got to talking about school and my plans for the future and my reasoning for working with the organization. It turned into a interview and i was able to ask a lot of follow up questions. I learned that he was from compton in california and made it out of the hood; additionally, graduating with a public affairs and business degree. He now owes his own business, properties, and his own house. We talked about coming out of college with a job sometimes seems to be imposiible, but he told me that I have to make the situation work for me. When he got out of undrgrad and started law school, he worked as a substitute teacher for income. He said it provide him statbility, which I am looking for. Eventhough he doesn't have the same career venture i am pursuing, we have similar goals. I do want to open up my own business and he has one. He went through a lot to get to where he is at now. I enjoyed our conversaton and was excited that i got to talk to him rather then just listen to what he has to dictate at me. I learned at lot from our conversation and look forward to talk to him again next week. I have found a new connect and he said that he will guide me to finding what i really want to do after undergrad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good Job!!
ReplyDeletewow very interesting!!
ReplyDeleteBen O.